Programming software, also known as software development tools, are programs or applications designed to create, debug, maintain, or support other computer programs and applications.
Types of Programming Software
Web Application Development
This is the creation, development, and maintenance of software applications to be used on the World Wide Web. According to Wisegeek, “web application development is performed by specialized programmers, who are familiar with the coding necessary for the creation of Web pages, including HTML, XML, Flash, Perl, CSS, PHP, JSP, ASP, and others. Each of these has a specific function and creates varied results. To varying degrees, programmers are proficient in one or more of these languages. Web application development can be varied or specific, depending on the needs of the Web pages involved.”
- Software for designing and deploying compelling websites and mobile applications
- Design confidently using HTML5 and CSS3 with the help of Live View rendering
- Easily add interactivity with jQuery code hinting; visualize and edit designs swiftly with CSS inspection tools
- Deploy quickly and confidently with built-in FTPS, FTPES, and Subversion software connectivity
- Build concurrently for phones, tablets, and screens using the Multiscreen Preview panel
Debugging is a process in software development where one goes through computer code to find and deal with “bugs” in the code. Bugs are the source of errors, flaws, or security holes in the program code and instructions. This process helps ensure the best and most secure computer code to help your applications and programs run flawlessly for what they are designed to do.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional is an integrated environment that simplifies creating, debugging and deploying applications. Unleash your creativity and bring your vision to life with powerful design surfaces and innovative collaboration methods for developers and designers. Work within a personalized environment, targeting a growing number of platforms, including Microsoft SharePoint and cloud applications and accelerate the coding process by using your existing skills. Integrated support for Test-First Development and new debugging tools let you find and fix bugs quickly and easily to ensure high quality solutions.
Top ten benefits
- Quickly interpret your code – The new code editor makes it easy to zoom in on your code, highlight method references, and overlay powerful features.
- Create rich user experiences – Use new visual designers for Windows Presentation Foundation and Silverlight to target Windows7 and the Web.
- Get scalability from Windows Azure – Integrated project templates, debugging, and publishing make it easy to deploy to Microsoft’s cloud computing platform.
- Open up new capabilities – Use integrated parallel programming support to add new capabilities on your application when it runs on a multi-core processor machine.
- Customize Visual Studio to fit your style – Key IDE enhancements–including support for multiple monitors and improved readability–that make the familiar environment even more productive.
- Use your existing skills – Work with SharePoint development, including tooling for Web Parts, Lists, Workflows, Events and more, so you can bring great new customized collaboration tools to your company.
- Practice Test-First Development – Focus on your application logic while all the stub code necessary for compiling your unit tests is generated by Visual Studio.
- Spend less time debugging – The inline call hierarchy helps quickly trace a program’s execution flow without invoking the debugger. You can also use breakpoint labels
If you desire a product that has multiple platforms and functions for creating computer programs and applications, look to the Adobe Master Collection. It has all Adobe software, including Adobe Flash, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Contribute, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Creative Suite, and Adobe After Effects.
Create without boundaries
Get it all with Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection software. Create in new ways for mobile, video, print, and online media with the ultimate design environment, fully loaded with Adobe’s professional tools.
Work efficiently and with precision
Do more in less time. Do more in real time. Tap into the power of performance and take advantage of a wealth of new efficiencies, from mobile design to animation to HD video.
Deliver to multiple screens
See your designs come alive on smartphones, fill tablets with engaging reading experiences, and deliver easily to the big screen in HD video.
Review. Test. Collaborate. Integration with Adobe CS Live online services1,2 helps you streamline common tasks so you can stay focused on being creative.