Toslink is truncated for “Toshiba Link.” It is a standardized optical fiber connection system. Here’s what Wikipedia says:
“Also known generically as an “optical audio cable”, its most common use is in consumer audio equipment (via a “digital optical” socket), where it carries a digital audio stream from components such as MiniDisc, CD and DVD players, DAT recorders, computers, and modern video game consoles, to an AV receiver that can decode the stream of audio and output it through a set of loudspeakers. Although TOSLINK supports several different media formats and physical standards, digital audio connections using the rectangular EIAJ/JEITA RC-5720 (also CP-1201 and JIS C5974-1993 F05) connector are by far the most common. The optical signal is a red light, with a peak wavelength λ of 650 nm. Depending on the type of modulated signal being carried, other optical wavelengths may be present.”
Nippon Labs premium Toslink Digital Optical Cable provides the ultimate in pure, digital audio quality. Using superior grade optical fiber, and precision polished optical connectors, Toslink cables offer a clean signal at even the most extreme volumes to give you a detailed, rich sound.
- A curved, polished optical fiber lens precisely focuses light for incredible digital audio clarity.
- Thick outer jacket and heavy-duty strain relief prevent kinking to maintain digital signal integrity.
- Inner cladding over the high-grade optical fiber creates a low refractive index for signal accuracy.
- Experience true digital surround sound from your Dolby Digital and DTS capable components.
- Toslink connections are simple to install and remove for quick, precise digital audio connections
- Digital Optical Fiber offers the best in audio clarity.
- Precision polished optical termination minimizes loss for better high frequencies, and a more realistic stereo image.
- Ultra flexible PVC jacket construction makes installation easy, even in hard to reach areas.
- Immune to all Electromagnetic and Radio-Frequency interference.
- Eliminates distortion caused by inductance, capacitance, and resistance found in copper cables.
Nippon Labs optical cables transfer the signal using light; thus completely eliminating any chance for RFI, EMI or ground loop interference. Connect your DVD, CD, Satellite Receiver, Game console or other digital audio equipment for clear, full detailed sound.
Connect your DVD player, satellite DVR, CD player or other device to your digital audio receiver with the SonicWave glass fiber optical cable, a must-have for any audio purist. Constructed from 280 individual strands of 0.053mm glass for maximum flexibility, the bend radius is an amazing 70mm. High-purity optical grade glass fiber will not haze or discolor over time like plastic will. Sophisticated mirror-polishing techniques are employed to make the clearest end possible, and result in less error and maximum signal transfer. The 24K gold-plated collet provides rigidity and maintains cable fiber placement, while an 8mm, soft-flexible PVC jacket protects the delicate fiber core. Throughout its design, the SonicWave toslink cable eliminates EMI/RFI interference common to standard audio/video cables.
Connector 1: Toslink Male
Connector 2: Toslink Male
- Audio Cables: S/PDIF Cables
- Our wide selection of DVI Products
- Our wide selection of HDMI cables
- The Benefits of Pure AV Belkin Cables